You’ve finally decided to get married! Congratulations! The best part of this occasion, apart from the wedding day itself, is the honeymoon trip. But how can one decide, where to spend this special time? After the wedding you can be completely exhausted and incapable of finding a good idea.
Here are some useful tips for your inspiration:
1. If money is not a problem for you, the key factor for your honeymoon trip destination is the season. First of all choose the country. If you want to spend your honeymoon in Italy, don’t get married in summer. It’s the peak season and the streets of Rome and Florence are crowded with tourists. The same situation is in Mexico, on the Caribbean Islands, Hawaii and the Maldives in winter. You’d better choose spring or autumn – not so many tourists and not so hot.
2. If you prefer “lazy recreation” – sun, beach, sea and cocktails, you should go to the islands of Greece. Hotels on Crete, Corfu, Rhodes, Cos suggest special services for newly-married couples.
3. Do you need mental, cultural and psychological satisfaction from your trip? Try fly-and-drive tour: it includes one-way plane tickets, rent car, hotel and breakfast. You can visit such countries as England, France, Portugal, Germany, Austria, Scandinavian countries.
4. May be you are still children at heart? What about honeymoon in Disneyland? A fairytale with Cinderella’s carriage and Sleeping Beauty’s palace in Disneyland of Paris, Hong-Kong, California or Florida will make you feel like the prince and princess.
5. Have you already got a visa in your passport? Go to the special agency and there they will suggest you a trip of your dream.
6. If you really want to show off, luxurious hotels of Thailand and Indonesia offer SPA procedures, romantic dinners at the seaside, live music, yachts, twenty-four-hours service. But be ready to pay the bill. Honeymoon in ancient castles of France, Portugal, Austria or Germany will also impress your friends.
7. Do you like unusual, distant, even esoteric places? African safari, the Great Wall of China, Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo or Galapagos Islands are waiting for you.
8. Book your trip as early as possible. You may reserve cheaper room in more luxurious places. And don’t worry, if you don’t see the ocean from your window – spend more time on the beach.
9. Don’t start your honeymoon trip next morning after the wedding. It’s highly possible that you won’t be able to wake up. Have a good sleep, eat your first family breakfast and set off in the evening.
10. Finally, remember to tell everyone and everywhere that you are newly married. Hospitable professionals like such clients. It doesn’t mean that everything will be free of charge but you can get bonuses and small presents from the hotel. Take advantage of the opportunity while you can – you are a newly-married couple only one year after the wedding!
Jim Vint is a wedding writer. He knows everything about weddings and can give to any bride a lot of advice.